15 May 2020
to the lock-down announced by the Namibian Government due to the present
circumstances on the corona pandemic in Namibia the DHPS
campus remains closed until and including 02 June 2020. (Version: 15 May 2020)
School continued with
distance learning in grades 1-12 on 30 March 2020.
pre-school, language support and Child & Youth Centre are also in contact with
the children and support them with distance learning programmes.
Our employees are
available via email.
Thank you for your
understanding and your support during these challenging times.
School Management & School Board of the Deutsche Schulverein Windhoek (1949)
Due to the DHPS being closed, please arrange an appointment with the department management if you have any questions or urgent matters - find contact details here.
Please find here some external links and ideas to keep you and your kids busy with fun things:
Following various reports concerning the spread of the coronavirus, we herewith would like to inform you about the measures taken at DHPS to prevent the virus from spreading.
The following measures are recommended to prevent infection or further spread of the disease.
- do not shake hands when greeting or saying goodbye, avoid any other way of touching hands
- maintain good personal hygiene, especially regular and proper hand washing
We ask all parents to see a doctor immediately with their children at the first signs of coronavirus disease and under no circumstances bring their children to school.
Further information by the Federal Foreign Office, the Ministry of Health and Social Services and the German government is available under the following links:
- Schools will remain closed until 02 June, further information will follow as soon as possible.
- Stage 2 rules and regulations of national lock-down valid until 02 June 2020.
- The national lock-down has been extended until 5 May 2020.
- Due to the Namibian national lock-down starting on 28/03/2020 the school will remain closed. Distance learning for grades 1-12 started on Monday, 30 March 2020.
- Due to the general school closure in Namibia, ordered by the Ministry of Education and Health on 15/03/2020, the holiday programme of the DHPS Kindergarten, Pre-school and Child & Youth Centre (which was scheduled to start on Monday, 16.03.2020) has been cancelled. We ask all parents for their understanding regarding this short notice. We will in this case refund the fees already paid.
- School management, administration and school board are in close contact with Namibian and German authorities. Measurements for the case of an alteration in the situation will be coordinated. The administration ordered additional products for disinfection in rest rooms and in the entrance areas, to improve the individual hygiene.